Pacbio Sequencing at the University of Arizona, and Beyond!!
The Arizona Genomics Institute (AGI), located at the University of Arizona’s BIO5 Institute, is pleased to announce the acquisition of a Pacific Biosciences (Pacbio) Sequel instrument. This instrument is unparalleled in its ability to produce ultra-long reads (up to 60kb) with high highthroughput (3-8 Gb/SMRTcell) which are useful for genome, transcriptome and methylome sequencing.
Over the past year AGI has used the PacBio for several in-house projects including the sequencing and assembly of more than 5 high-quality plant genomes (300Mb - 2Gb). In addition, we have also sequenced several bacterial genomes, single BAC and targeted BAC pools. Using PacBio's Iso-Seq methods, sequencing full-length cDNA is routine. The results from all of these experiments have been astounding.
Given our recent experience with the PacBio RSII and Sequel instruments, as well as our 25 year history in genome biology, genomics and sequencing (see AGI publications
), AGI is now prepared to empower the University of Arizona and beyond with PacBio long-read sequencing capabilities as an Approved Pacific Biosciences Sequence Provider.
We will perform the following services:
- All library preps, genomic DNA size selections, Blue Pippin, Amplicon preps;
- Single molecule real time (SMRT) sequencing, up to 40kb reads;
- Iso-Seq: Full length cDNA, splice iso-forms;
- Targeted sequencing using BACs and BAC pools;
- BAC Library construction;
- Full Bioinformatics support (ie. Assembly plus Gene and Repeat Annotation); Cost Recovery Pricing for non-profits and excellent pricing for companies!!
Dave Kudrna, DKUDRNA@email.arizona.edu
Dario Copetti, DCOPETTI@email.arizona.edu
Jianwei Zhang, ZHANGJW@email.arizona.edu
Rod Wing, AGI Director: RWING@email.arizona.edu
Take a look at many of the exciting possibilities using the Pacbio strategies:
* A Comprehensive View of Genetic Diversity
* Access the Full Spectrum of Genetic Variation
* Bringing the W Back to Whole Genome Sequencing
* Full-length Transcripts_No Assembly Required
* Novel Insights into Microbial and Viral Complexity
* Revolutionize Genomics with SMRT Sequencing
* The Most Comprehensive View of the Human Genome
* Pacific Biosciences website, here